We rely on all members to help keep this community a safe place for people to share and view information.
To do this, we request that all members comply with the following rules when contributing to discussion:
- Keep it friendly. Welcome new members, share your tips or show them how to use the discord. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself – our community is waiting for you.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Share your knowledge. Don’t hold back in sharing your knowledge – it’s likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information, provide your sources.
- Keep it safe. Remember that the discord is a public place. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to a moderator or an admin.
We maintain the right to remove posts
We need to make sure that material posted in the discussion is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may ask you to edit or choose to delete any post/display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- Contains harmful links
- infringes the privacy of individuals
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- Advertises other communities/personal websites or streams without prior permission from a moderator or admin
- includes personal information such as full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details
- contains references to suicide, self-harm or sexual abuse
- contains content that is non-relevant for the channel it is posted in
A team of moderators and Admins have been entrusted with the ability to intervene when these Community Rules have been breached. However, due to the dynamic nature and the sheer volume of posts, we can’t immediately read everything written – therefore much of the responsibility for maintaining our friendly environment lies with you.